Investment in technology needs to be thought of in an even more strategic way, considering the real needs of the business
The last year has demanded a lot from entrepreneurs from all walks of life. Those who have not been able to adapt to the new work models, create a space in the digital world or optimize processes with the implementation of agile management methodologies, are now suffering a vertiginous loss of space in the market to the competition that innovated and reached new levels, or, simply had to close the doors.
Within this context, technology has gained significant value. Outside of it, there is no direction for organizations or for leaders. This challenge requires leaders to know how to act in a context of extreme volatility, uncertainty and transformation, constant in today’s scenario. It all starts with the architecture of the future and the recognition that business and technology strategies are increasingly inseparable.
But the anxiety to keep up with new trends can make your company make hasty decisions when investing in new technologies. According to the managing partner of T4i Solutions, a company specialized in technological solutions, Rodrigo Lobo, “hire a new system, create an application, invest in data science, for example, needs to be a step thought out strategically and considering the real business needs and expected results.
According to Lobo, some criteria need to be taken into account:
- Market context – The customer experience has become one of the most important points for the sustainability of a business. Business Intelligence generates insights to create new sales opportunities and innovative new products or services;
- Technology interoperability – It is important to ensure the possibility of connecting with other company systems;
- Good governance – Involve your leaders when hiring and choosing new technologies. It is also important that all stakeholders can analyze the tangible value of this new technology and approve it in a rational and appropriate manner;
- Technical support offered – Assess whether the new technology to be hired comes with adequate technical support available to assist the operational team;
- Culture of innovation – With the introduction of a new technology, it is also necessary to invest in training for employees, creating new processes and building a culture of understanding and acceptance of innovations;
- Information security and privacy – Ensure that the contracted technology complies with the new Data Protection Act (LGPD).
New brand and new website
A radical innovation, with great immediate impact, can also generate curiosity and engagement with the target audience. T4i Solutions has undergone structural changes ranging from the adoption on a larger scale of the home office, through the complete redesign of the brand and the presentation of services, to the launch of a new website. The priority is to be able to express externally the innovations carried out internally, in addition to ensuring the empowerment of employees so that they become drivers of this change.
“It is essential that organizations that want to innovate are open to working in an ecosystem of collaboration and trust with capable suppliers that have and invest in knowledge and solutions to accelerate results”, says Rodrigo. He points out that it is not enough to have the courage or receptivity to work with technology partners, as cultural transformations will also be necessary to accommodate different forms of work from the traditional ones, as well as updates of technical architectures and legacy systems to fully enable these integrations.
Phone: (81) 3267-3199
Address: Rua São Vicente, 150 Tamarineira, Recife/PE